Big Canadian delegation to attend Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
Toronto: Over 100 delegates from Canada, including a senior minister and the mayor of Brampton city, popularly known as `Mini India`, will participate at the 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Kochi next week.
"This is the first time Canada`s Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney and mayors two Canadian cities: Brampton and Markham will attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas," DP Jain, the vice-president of the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce, said.
"Susan Fennell, the mayor of Brampton, and Frank Scarpitti, the mayor of Markham, have joined Indian delegation and will display emerging business opportunities in Canada," Jain said.
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held on January 07-09.
Minister Kenney will also be participating in the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013 in Gandhinagar.
Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) is an organising partner at the Summit, where Canada is a partner country.
The 2013 trade mission is the largest ever organised by the ICCC and comprises over 100 members including several prominent dignitaries.
"Our purpose is to forge linkages between the small businesses in Canada and India, and we have lined up over 30 interactive sessions, B2B meetings, seminars, and workshops during the next two weeks," Naval Bajaj, the president of ICCC and the leader of the delegation said in a statement.
He said the mission comprised small businesses and several other prominent individuals, entrepreneurs, professionals and community leaders. In addition to this being the largest delegation to India, there are several other distinguishing features to India Mission 2013.
The mission will be visiting Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar, Delhi and Amritsar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed