Big Canadian delegation to attend Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
Toronto: Over 100 delegates from Canada, including a senior minister and the mayor of Brampton city, popularly known as `Mini India`, will participate at the 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Kochi next week.
"This is the first time Canada`s Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney and mayors two Canadian cities: Brampton and Markham will attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas," DP Jain, the vice-president of the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce, said.
"Susan Fennell, the mayor of Brampton, and Frank Scarpitti, the mayor of Markham, have joined Indian delegation and will display emerging business opportunities in Canada," Jain said.
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held on January 07-09.
Minister Kenney will also be participating in the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013 in Gandhinagar.
Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) is an organising partner at the Summit, where Canada is a partner country.
The 2013 trade mission is the largest ever organised by the ICCC and comprises over 100 members including several prominent dignitaries.
"Our purpose is to forge linkages between the small businesses in Canada and India, and we have lined up over 30 interactive sessions, B2B meetings, seminars, and workshops during the next two weeks," Naval Bajaj, the president of ICCC and the leader of the delegation said in a statement.
He said the mission comprised small businesses and several other prominent individuals, entrepreneurs, professionals and community leaders. In addition to this being the largest delegation to India, there are several other distinguishing features to India Mission 2013.
The mission will be visiting Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar, Delhi and Amritsar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video