Big Canadian delegation to attend Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
Toronto: Over 100 delegates from Canada, including a senior minister and the mayor of Brampton city, popularly known as `Mini India`, will participate at the 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Kochi next week.
"This is the first time Canada`s Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney and mayors two Canadian cities: Brampton and Markham will attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas," DP Jain, the vice-president of the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce, said.
"Susan Fennell, the mayor of Brampton, and Frank Scarpitti, the mayor of Markham, have joined Indian delegation and will display emerging business opportunities in Canada," Jain said.
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held on January 07-09.
Minister Kenney will also be participating in the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013 in Gandhinagar.
Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) is an organising partner at the Summit, where Canada is a partner country.
The 2013 trade mission is the largest ever organised by the ICCC and comprises over 100 members including several prominent dignitaries.
"Our purpose is to forge linkages between the small businesses in Canada and India, and we have lined up over 30 interactive sessions, B2B meetings, seminars, and workshops during the next two weeks," Naval Bajaj, the president of ICCC and the leader of the delegation said in a statement.
He said the mission comprised small businesses and several other prominent individuals, entrepreneurs, professionals and community leaders. In addition to this being the largest delegation to India, there are several other distinguishing features to India Mission 2013.
The mission will be visiting Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar, Delhi and Amritsar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in