Big Canadian delegation to attend Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
Toronto: Over 100 delegates from Canada, including a senior minister and the mayor of Brampton city, popularly known as `Mini India`, will participate at the 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Kochi next week.
"This is the first time Canada`s Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney and mayors two Canadian cities: Brampton and Markham will attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas," DP Jain, the vice-president of the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce, said.
"Susan Fennell, the mayor of Brampton, and Frank Scarpitti, the mayor of Markham, have joined Indian delegation and will display emerging business opportunities in Canada," Jain said.
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held on January 07-09.
Minister Kenney will also be participating in the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013 in Gandhinagar.
Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) is an organising partner at the Summit, where Canada is a partner country.
The 2013 trade mission is the largest ever organised by the ICCC and comprises over 100 members including several prominent dignitaries.
"Our purpose is to forge linkages between the small businesses in Canada and India, and we have lined up over 30 interactive sessions, B2B meetings, seminars, and workshops during the next two weeks," Naval Bajaj, the president of ICCC and the leader of the delegation said in a statement.
He said the mission comprised small businesses and several other prominent individuals, entrepreneurs, professionals and community leaders. In addition to this being the largest delegation to India, there are several other distinguishing features to India Mission 2013.
The mission will be visiting Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar, Delhi and Amritsar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation