BJP, AAP cry foul over dynastic politics
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party and the Aam Aadmi Party said it would be dynastic politics if Prime Minister Manmohan Singh resigns to pave way for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"If we go by speculation, it is their choice who they want as prime minister. But if they bring Rahul Gandhi, it will be about dynastic politics," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas, who is supposed to contest against the Gandhi scion in Amethi in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, said: "In the whole political life of Rahul Gandhi, there is nothing except his Gandhi surname."
"Everyone knows the situation in Amethi. I think Congress is scared to keep him as an MP. They want to make him the prime minister. But it will be difficult to save him because people have decided," he said.
News reports, quoting sources, said the prime minister is likely to resign in a press conference scheduled Friday, paving way for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, however, denied the reports calling them "baseless and based on conjecture and insinuation".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'