BJP describes ceasefire violation by Pakistan as `unprovoked act of aggression`
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday strongly condemned the incident of ceasefire violation along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch District, describing the attack as a unprovoked act of aggression by Pakistan.
"This ceasefire violation is an unprovoked act of aggression by Pakistan. This obviously is intended to disturbed the environment of relationship between the two countries. The BJP is strongly condemns this unprovoked attack," Jaitley told ANI.
"The brutality, which has been practiced on the two Indian soldiers, shows the real design behind this attack. This attack is also a warning to India. A warning that, in dealing with Pakistan is now extremely important. The government of India clearly defines redlines. It has to very firms, very cautions in how to deal with Pakistan,` he added.
In a significant escalation to the continuing series of cease-fire violations and infiltration attempts supported by the Pakistan Army, a group of their regular soldiers intruded across LoC in the Mendhar Sector on Tuesday.
Pakistan Army troops, having taken advantage of thick fog and mist in the forested area, were moving towards Indian posts when an alert area domination patrol spotted and engaged the intruders.
The firefight between Pakistan and Indian troops continued for approximately half an hour after which the intruders retreated back towards their side of LoC.
Two soldiers Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh laid down their lives while fighting Pakistani troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader