BJP flays politics of ‘untouchability’ against Modi
New Delhi: The BJP on Monday criticised the politics of "untouchability" witnessed in the country against Narendra Modi and said this was the "worst kind of vote bank politics" experienced in the country.
The party also attacked all such critics who have been raising the issue of Gujarat riots but were maintaining silence on the Assam violence.
"A peculiar kind of untouchability is sought to be maintained in the politics of the country (against Modi)...It is an indication of the worst form of vote bank politics... BJP criticises such kind of politics," BJP`s chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Anyone who lauds the positive things happening in Gujarat is attacked and this, he said, was not democracy.
"If certain leaders honestly appreciate the positive good governance and development in Gujarat, they immediately become victims," Prasad said.
Citing examples of Shahid Siddique who was disowned by the Samajwadi Party or Congress MP Vijay Darda who is being questioned by the Congress for appreciating good governance in Gujarat, Prasad said anyone who tried to praise Modi`s good works in Gujarat was targeted.
He also cited the example of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who also came under sharp attack for appreciating Modi and his governance in Gujarat.
Prasad said Modi or BJP does not need anyone`s certificate or testimony and people had elected him thrice and will continue doing so in the future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP