BJP for advancing Parl session to pass Food Bill
Hyderabad: Observing that the BJP is in favour of passing the Food Security Bill with some amendments, party president Rajnath Singh today asked the government to advance the monsoon session of Parliament for the purpose.
"We are ready for a debate on Food Security and Land Acquisition bills. We want these bills passed with some amendments. The monsoon session be advanced for this," he told reporters here.
He said it would be a cruel joke, if an Ordinance is issued on the proposed Food Security Bill.
The two bills would have been passed in the last session of Parliament had the UPA government accepted the resignations of Law and Railway Ministers (Ashwin Kumar and Pawan Kumar Bansal), as sought by the BJP then.
Dismissing the allegations of the Congress` that the BJP is not letting the Parliament function smoothly, Singh said the primary responsibility to ensure the smooth functioning of the Parliament lay with the government.
Observing that BJP`s role is like that of a watch dog, he said BJP was playing the role of principal opposition party effectively.
Noting that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is an extremely popular leader in the country, he said the issue of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate would be decided by the party`s parliamentary board.
Asked whether BJP patriarch L K Advani is pitching one against another by appreciating Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the BJP president felt that Advani`s statement was put to wrong interpretation.
To a query about Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s reported remarks that there is a cold war within the BJP, he replied in the negative and said that a cold war actually existed in the Congress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!