BJP for spl Parl session to discuss farmers` woes
Hyderabad: The BJP on Saturday demanded a seven
day special Parliament session to discuss the problems of
farmers as the entire farming community in the country is in
Speaking to reporters here, senior party leader M
Venkaiah Naidu said the entire farming community-- be it wheat
and cotton growers, paddy and sugarcane farmers or the mustard
seed producers--everybody was in deep distress because of lack
of remunerative prices and the government`s inability even to
procure products at the Minimum Support Price (MSP).
Due to wide gap between the MSP and production costs
farmers become debtridden which drive them to commit
suicide, he said.
Condemning the procedure of Commission for Agriculture
Costs and Prices (CACP) in deciding agricultural prices, the
BJP leader said it should change its method and adopt a
The CACP should take into consideration prevailing market
prices in the year and arrive in regard to MSP instead of
taking the cost of inputs on the prices prevailing three years
back which was totally unfair and anti-farmers, Naidu said.
Stating that 80 per cent of Indian farmers were debt
ridden, Naidu claimed that in last one decade nearly 2.25 lakh
farmers have committed suicide in the country.
There is an urgent need to discuss the issue in the
Parliament and exchange our ideas and to arrive at a
meaningful solution for the problems of farmers we need a
special session, he said.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya and General
Secretary N Ramachander Rao were also present the press
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry