BJP leaders falling ill because of Modi: Congress
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With many senior BJP leaders, including LK Advani, skipping the crucial BJP national executive meet, the Congress on Friday took a dig at the main position party, saying its top leaders have fallen because of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Taking a potshot at BJP, Congress leader Rashid Alvi said, "If BJP leaders are falling ill because of Narendra Modi, then the BJP must think what impact would Narendra Modi have on the nation. My full sympathies with those BJP leaders who aren`t well."
The Samajwadi Party (SP) also did not spare the opportunity to attack BJP, with its leader Kamal Faruqui saying, “BJP`s national party has got so many good leaders like Advani, Jaitley and Sushma, but they are banking on a person whose hands are full of blood. The BJP may sweep the elections in Gujarat, but that does not mean that Modi is a good candidate.”
The reaction from the Congress and SP came amid reports that many BJP leaders were skipping the crucial meets that begins in Goa today.
BJP veteran Advani will not attend the party`s Parliamentary Board meeting over health woes.
Sources claimed that he will head to Goa only on Saturday. He is also reportedly upset with the latest developments over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the party.
It appears that the camp led by Advani has made a last ditch attempt to block Modi’s elevation as BJP’s campaign committee chief.
By deciding not to attend the parliamentary board meeting, Advani is probably trying to dissociate himself from the decision on Modi or putting pressure on Rajnath Singh to hold on to any announcement till the end of assembly elections.
Many other BJP leaders including Shatrughan Sinha, Jaswant Singh, Varun Gandhi and Ravi Shankar Prasad will also give it a miss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video