BJP not an alternative to Congress: Prakash Karat
Kanpur: Communist Party of India (Marxist) general secretary Prakash Karat today dismissed that BJP is an alternative to Congress and said that the country needs a new option, which will be formed when like-minded parties come together.
"BJP was never an alternate to Congress. The political parties which believe in similar policies as ours should come together and struggle. Our country needs a new option," Karat said here.
Karat ruled out the formation of a Third Front before elections and said that alliance with like-minded parties wouldn`t form a front but it will give option to the people other than Congress and BJP.
Karat was here to take part in Sangharsh Sandesh Yatra and today left for Etawa.
"Fertiliser security, food security, land acquisition, employment, education and health rights, women`s rights and fight against corruption are the goals of this yatra," Karat said.
Slamming the current policies in the country, which he alleged benefits capitalists, industrialists and landlords, Karat called for a change that will come when like minded parties join hands and support their policies.
"Parties which are with us on our alternate policies, we will take them along and support them," said Karat.
When asked if Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav would head this new alliance, Karat dodged the question by laughing it off.
Addressing the party cadre, Karat said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narender Modi`s development model are only for the benefit of capitalists and industrialists.
Thousands of acres of land has been given to industrialists with tax and electricity benefits while education and health index are down in the state and malnutrition is rampant, he alleged.
The yatra would reach Delhi on 18 March and on 19 a rally would be addressed in Ramlila maidan where an announcement regarding a massive movement for their policies would be made, party member Subhashini Ali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey