BJP stalemate ends, Advani takes back his resignation
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The crisis in the BJP, which had arisen after party patriarch LK Advani had resigned from all party posts, came to an end on Tuesday evening.
Addressing a brief media conference in the national capital, BJP president Rajnath Singh said, “Advani ji has agreed to abide by the party’s decision and has taken back his resignation.”
He also added, “Advani ji’s concerns about the functioning of the party will be addressed by me as the party president.”
"RSS chief spoke to Advani and asked him to respect the party decision and continue to guide it," Rajnath told the mediapersons.
Rajnath was flanked by Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari, Uma Bharti and Shahnawaz Hussain among others.
Meanwhile, reacting to the latest development, the man in the eye of the storm, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi tweeted – “I welcome Advani ji’s decision.” Modi had also tweeted yesterday that he had called the veteran party leader and had requested him to take back his resignation.
In a related development the Congress said that the whole thing was an internal matter of the BJP and that they had nothing to say on the issue.
Advani had resigned yesterday from all posts of the Bharatiya Janata Party, a day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was appointed the head of the party’s election campaign committee for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
In a letter written to Rajnath Singh, Advani had said that he was resigning from the national executive, parliamentary board and election committee and had stated that the direction in which the party was going was not the way it was planned by the party`s founders.
He had also written that he was finding it difficult to work with people who were concerned only with their personal agenda.
The octogenarian leader did not attend the party’s three-day conclave in Goa where Modi was anointed the party’s poll panel head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands