BJP to `corner` Govt in Parliament on JPC, Delhi rape
New Delhi: BJP is set to corner the Government in Parliament over the leakage of JPC report on 2G Spectrum allocation, coal scam and the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi as the second phase of the Budget Session begins on April 22.
The executive committee of the BJP Parliamentary Party today held a meeting at the residence of LK Advani to evolve its strategy in Parliament.
Top BJP leaders including party president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, besides Murli Manohar Joshi, Jaswant Singh, Shanta Kumar and Ravi Shankar Prasad attended the meeting and discussed various issues including the Coal scam and 2G Spectrum case, besides the rape incident of a five-year-old girl in East Delhi.
"The executive committee of the BJP Parliamentary Party today met under the chairmanship of LK Advani and discussed various issues including the draft report of the JPC on 2G Spectrum and the alleged pressure exerted on the CBI on the Coalgate scam.
"As per our tradition, after the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting, the NDA meets and formally finalises its strategy to be adopted in Parliament. The NDA will meet in the evening," deputy leader of the BJP in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters after the meeting.
The party leaders discussed various issues confronting the nation for over 90 minutes at the meeting and formalised its future course of action in attacking the government in Parliament.
Prasad said, "Concerns and anger was also expressed at the comment made on former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee in the draft report of JPC on 2G Spectrum."
He said the party leaders also discussed the unfortunate rape incident in East Delhi and expressed regret at the inept handling of law and order in the national capital at the hands of Delhi Police which comes directly under the Central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing