BJP to hold nationwide protests against UPA government
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would hold nationwide protests May 4-5 against the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government over irregularities in coal blocks and 2G spectrum allocations, the party announced Sunday.
"BJP has decided to take the fight against corruption from parliament to the people of the country. The party will organise massive protests and dharnas in all state capitals on May 4 and 5," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
He said the party would continue to raise the issues in parliament as well.
"We will continue to fight against massive corruption of the Congress regime and its shameless cover-up," he said.
The BJP has been demanding Law Minister Ashwani Kumar`s resignation for vetting a CBI affidavit on the coal blocks allocation which was meant only for the Supreme Court. The demand has been rejected by the government.
The opposition party also sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation after former telecom minister A. Raja alleged that the prime minister was in the loop while decisions were taken regarding allocation of the 2G spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor