BJP to launch nationwide `jail bharo` agitation on June 17
New Delhi: The BJP will launch a nationwide "Jail Bharo Aandolan" - fill jail agitation - from June 17 to June 30 against "scams, corruption, price rise and misuse of constitutional institutions" by the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, a party leader said on Friday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that party workers will court arrest at district and state headquarters during the protest.
He said senior leaders will take part in the agitation on June 25 and 26 to mark the anniversary of the imposition of Emergency in 1975.
"The manner in which Congress is using constitutional institutions, agencies against its political opponents even today and the manner in which it is attacking on democratic, constitutional and parliamentary values is bringing back memories of Emergency," Naqvi said.
He said senior leaders, including Rajanth Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Murli Manohar Joshi, M Venkaiah Naidu, Nitin Gadkari, will lead the party`s agitation at different places. The party`s members of Parliament and legislatures will also take part in it.
The agitation, slated to begin last month, was deferred in view of Maoist attack on a Congress rally in Chhattisgarh last month that killed 28 people, including some senior state Congress leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM