BJP to protest in Parliament on 2G draft report, Coal block
New Delhi: Attacking the government on the eve of resumption of Budget session, BJP today said it will lodge a strong protest in Parliament against attempt to "malign" former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2G spectrum issue and on coal block allocation probe.
Addressing a rally here, BJP President Rajnath Singh alleged that that Congress-led UPA government was levelling allegation against Vajpayee, who has had a clean image throughput his political career, "in a bid to save its face and fool the people".
"I want to tell my friends in Congress that we can tolerate anything but any attempt to malign his (Vajpayee`s) name will not be acceptable and BJP will give a befitting reply. We won`t keep quite. They should not think that such allegation are part of politics," Singh said, adding, "we will protest democratically against the government".
He said the Joint Parliamentary Committee, which was formed to probe the 2G spectrum allocation scam, in its draft report has exonerated the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambram.
"If they would have done only this, we would not have had much objections but we were pained when they raised a finger towards our former Prime Minister Vajpayee, who is not keeping well for past four years, saying there was a loss of Rs 48,000 crore during his regime," Singh said, adding the Committee also tried to include the names of senior BJP leaders Jaswant Singh and Arun Shourie, who have a "very clean image", in its draft report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan