BJP to protest in Parliament on 2G draft report, Coal block
New Delhi: Attacking the government on the eve of resumption of Budget session, BJP today said it will lodge a strong protest in Parliament against attempt to "malign" former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2G spectrum issue and on coal block allocation probe.
Addressing a rally here, BJP President Rajnath Singh alleged that that Congress-led UPA government was levelling allegation against Vajpayee, who has had a clean image throughput his political career, "in a bid to save its face and fool the people".
"I want to tell my friends in Congress that we can tolerate anything but any attempt to malign his (Vajpayee`s) name will not be acceptable and BJP will give a befitting reply. We won`t keep quite. They should not think that such allegation are part of politics," Singh said, adding, "we will protest democratically against the government".
He said the Joint Parliamentary Committee, which was formed to probe the 2G spectrum allocation scam, in its draft report has exonerated the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambram.
"If they would have done only this, we would not have had much objections but we were pained when they raised a finger towards our former Prime Minister Vajpayee, who is not keeping well for past four years, saying there was a loss of Rs 48,000 crore during his regime," Singh said, adding the Committee also tried to include the names of senior BJP leaders Jaswant Singh and Arun Shourie, who have a "very clean image", in its draft report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living