BJP will form govt keeping farmers` welfare in min
Amroha: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said if his party came to power at the Centre, it would form a government which focuses on farmers` welfare.
"BJP is the only political party which has provided maximum facilities to farmers in the country," Singh said while unveiling a statue of farmer`s leader late Mahendra Singh Tikait at Fatehpur Sikara village here.
He said the security of farmers would ensure the security of the nation, and promised that his party would provide the maximum price of crops in accordance with the investment of farmers.
He said if BJP came to power, farmers would be allowed to avail interest-free loans. Criticising the degradation of morality and values in political parties, he said rural policies have become secondary for the Centre and UP government, while industrialists, lobbyists and cricketers have become powerful.
"We will form a government which focuses on farmers` welfare," he said. On adjournment of Parliament, he said the UPA was unduly criticising BJP, which was just playing the role of opposition in the House. "On the corruption issues, we can raise our voice in the House, not on roads," Singh said.
He criticised the state government for shortage of power supply and demanded that it should build more power plants in to meet power requirements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29