Bodh Gaya blasts: Mamata sees ploy to disturb states, regional parties
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Sunday wondered if the violent acts were a "game plan before elections to disturb states, regional parties and also to plan to murder some political leaders".
"I am shocked to know about the sad incident of bomb blast at Bodh Gaya today (Sunday). What is our central government doing? What about central agencies who usually interfere in state business but do not take care of safety and security of our people and country?" Banerjee said in a post on a social networking site.
"Is it a game plan before Lok Sabha elections to disturb states, regional parties and also to plan murder of some political leaders, so that nobody can raise the voice of people in future? Or is it a blame game to avoid responsibility and to finish the regional political parties who are not dependent on the UPA (United Progressive Alliance)?" Banerjee added.
The Trinamool Congress chief had earlier floated the idea of forming a federal front urging regional parties to unite against the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"I do not know why recently a series of such incidents are taking place in a regular cycle - first at Chhattisgarh where many innocent lives were lost, then at Jharkhand where innocent lives of SP and officials were lost. Today it has happened in Bihar. Which one is the target for tomorrow - West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh or Odisha?"
Banerjee`s comments came after two monks were injured Sunday in a terror attack at the Mahabodhi temple in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town where the Buddha attained enlightenment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!