Bodh Gaya blasts: Mamata sees ploy to disturb states, regional parties
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Sunday wondered if the violent acts were a "game plan before elections to disturb states, regional parties and also to plan to murder some political leaders".
"I am shocked to know about the sad incident of bomb blast at Bodh Gaya today (Sunday). What is our central government doing? What about central agencies who usually interfere in state business but do not take care of safety and security of our people and country?" Banerjee said in a post on a social networking site.
"Is it a game plan before Lok Sabha elections to disturb states, regional parties and also to plan murder of some political leaders, so that nobody can raise the voice of people in future? Or is it a blame game to avoid responsibility and to finish the regional political parties who are not dependent on the UPA (United Progressive Alliance)?" Banerjee added.
The Trinamool Congress chief had earlier floated the idea of forming a federal front urging regional parties to unite against the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"I do not know why recently a series of such incidents are taking place in a regular cycle - first at Chhattisgarh where many innocent lives were lost, then at Jharkhand where innocent lives of SP and officials were lost. Today it has happened in Bihar. Which one is the target for tomorrow - West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh or Odisha?"
Banerjee`s comments came after two monks were injured Sunday in a terror attack at the Mahabodhi temple in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town where the Buddha attained enlightenment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read