Bodh Gaya blasts: Mamata sees ploy to disturb states, regional parties
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Sunday wondered if the violent acts were a "game plan before elections to disturb states, regional parties and also to plan to murder some political leaders".
"I am shocked to know about the sad incident of bomb blast at Bodh Gaya today (Sunday). What is our central government doing? What about central agencies who usually interfere in state business but do not take care of safety and security of our people and country?" Banerjee said in a post on a social networking site.
"Is it a game plan before Lok Sabha elections to disturb states, regional parties and also to plan murder of some political leaders, so that nobody can raise the voice of people in future? Or is it a blame game to avoid responsibility and to finish the regional political parties who are not dependent on the UPA (United Progressive Alliance)?" Banerjee added.
The Trinamool Congress chief had earlier floated the idea of forming a federal front urging regional parties to unite against the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"I do not know why recently a series of such incidents are taking place in a regular cycle - first at Chhattisgarh where many innocent lives were lost, then at Jharkhand where innocent lives of SP and officials were lost. Today it has happened in Bihar. Which one is the target for tomorrow - West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh or Odisha?"
Banerjee`s comments came after two monks were injured Sunday in a terror attack at the Mahabodhi temple in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town where the Buddha attained enlightenment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'