Bomb blast near Manipur CM’s residence, 2 killed
Zee Media Bureau
Imphal: At least two persons were killed and seven others injured when a bomb blast took place near Manipur Chief Minister’s residence here early Wednesday.
It was not clear if Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh was the target of the blast.
The IED blast occurred near Moirangkhom bus stand at around 6.30 am in a high security zone.
As per the police, one person died on the spot, while the second succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital.
Some among the injured are reported to be critical.
On Tuesday also, five persons were injured in a blast that hit a market complex in the state capital.
That market complex too was just one kilometre away from the official residence of CMs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India