Bomb blast near Manipur CM’s residence, 2 killed
Zee Media Bureau
Imphal: At least two persons were killed and seven others injured when a bomb blast took place near Manipur Chief Minister’s residence here early Wednesday.
It was not clear if Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh was the target of the blast.
The IED blast occurred near Moirangkhom bus stand at around 6.30 am in a high security zone.
As per the police, one person died on the spot, while the second succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital.
Some among the injured are reported to be critical.
On Tuesday also, five persons were injured in a blast that hit a market complex in the state capital.
That market complex too was just one kilometre away from the official residence of CMs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'