Bribe offer: can identify the cop, says Gudiya’s father
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Five-year-old rape victim’s father on Monday said that no policeman had approached him for the identification of the cop who reportedly offered Rs 2000 as bribe to hush up the matter.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media, the girl’s father said that one person came from Gandhinagar Police Station with a photo, but the photo wasn’t of the same policeman who had approached him with the bribe offer.
“I will definitely identify the cop who offered us bribe to hush up the case, the aggrieved father said.
The victim’s father statement comes just minutes after, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar today told a press conference that efforts are being made to identify the policemen who offered Rs 2000 as bribe to the girl’s father to hush up the matter.
The Delhi Police Commissioner made it clear that no case can be made against him to resign over the horrendous rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
“If my resignation can stop depravity like rapes, then I can resign a thousand times…it is case of mental depravity, psychopathy and that will not be solved by anyone resigning, least of all the leader of the police force,” Kumar said defending himself.
When the father of the victim went to police to register an FIR (First Information Report), they refused and instead offered Rs 2, 000 saying that they should not highlight the issue in the media.
"We went to the police to register an FIR (First Information Report) but they refused. They never tried to find her, and instead drove us away," the father of the victim had earlier told reporters.
"The police told us that we should not highlight the issue in the media and gave us Rs 2, 000 as kharcha-pani (for expenses and refreshment) and told us to thank god that the girl is alive," victim’s father had said.
Second accused arrested
In a significant development, the second accused in the five-year-old girl`s rape case in Delhi has been arrested from Bihar, police said on Monday.
Pradeep is a native of Darbhanga district. He was arrested from Badhaiya area of the state`s Lakhi Sarai district, confirmed Bihar DGP Abhyanand Monday morning.
Pradeep Kumar was produced before Lakhisarai Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnu Dev Upadhay who sent him to 15-days transit remand.
Earlier, a joint team of Delhi and Bihar Police succeeded in nabbing the rape accused, Manoj Kumar, 22, from his in-laws house in Chitkouna village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district on Saturday. He was flown to Delhi in a chartered plane and is being interrogated by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!