Bribe offer: can identify the cop, says Gudiya’s father
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Five-year-old rape victim’s father on Monday said that no policeman had approached him for the identification of the cop who reportedly offered Rs 2000 as bribe to hush up the matter.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media, the girl’s father said that one person came from Gandhinagar Police Station with a photo, but the photo wasn’t of the same policeman who had approached him with the bribe offer.
“I will definitely identify the cop who offered us bribe to hush up the case, the aggrieved father said.
The victim’s father statement comes just minutes after, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar today told a press conference that efforts are being made to identify the policemen who offered Rs 2000 as bribe to the girl’s father to hush up the matter.
The Delhi Police Commissioner made it clear that no case can be made against him to resign over the horrendous rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
“If my resignation can stop depravity like rapes, then I can resign a thousand times…it is case of mental depravity, psychopathy and that will not be solved by anyone resigning, least of all the leader of the police force,” Kumar said defending himself.
When the father of the victim went to police to register an FIR (First Information Report), they refused and instead offered Rs 2, 000 saying that they should not highlight the issue in the media.
"We went to the police to register an FIR (First Information Report) but they refused. They never tried to find her, and instead drove us away," the father of the victim had earlier told reporters.
"The police told us that we should not highlight the issue in the media and gave us Rs 2, 000 as kharcha-pani (for expenses and refreshment) and told us to thank god that the girl is alive," victim’s father had said.
Second accused arrested
In a significant development, the second accused in the five-year-old girl`s rape case in Delhi has been arrested from Bihar, police said on Monday.
Pradeep is a native of Darbhanga district. He was arrested from Badhaiya area of the state`s Lakhi Sarai district, confirmed Bihar DGP Abhyanand Monday morning.
Pradeep Kumar was produced before Lakhisarai Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnu Dev Upadhay who sent him to 15-days transit remand.
Earlier, a joint team of Delhi and Bihar Police succeeded in nabbing the rape accused, Manoj Kumar, 22, from his in-laws house in Chitkouna village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district on Saturday. He was flown to Delhi in a chartered plane and is being interrogated by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened