Bribe row: Army Chief seeks more time from CBI
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen V K Singh has sought
a few more days to file his detailed complaint in connection
with the alleged bribe offer from a senior retired officer to
clear a tranche of nearly 600 "sub-standard" trucks.
Gen Singh, who has named retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh as
the person who had allegedly made the offer, in his initial
complaint, has been asked by CBI officials to give a detailed
complaint about the issue.
The Army Chief has now written to CBI saying he requires
some more days to give a comprehensive complaint to the agency
about the incident, CBI sources said.
Gen Singh had claimed in media interviews that an
equipment lobbyist had offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore to
clear the tranche, a matter which he had reported to Defence
Minister A K Antony.
The ministry had then recommended a CBI probe into the
The agency had started examining the complaint received
from Gen Singh on March 30 and may question Tejinder Singh in
connection with the case, they said.
Tejinder Singh has refuted the allegations. He has also
filed a defamation case against the Army Chief and other
CBI was waiting for a formal complaint from Gen Singh
regarding details of alleged bribe offer, to initiate a formal
probe into the matter referred to it by the Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India