Cabinet reshuffle: Excited to be Science and Technology Minister, says Jaipal Reddy
New Delhi: While rubbishing all speculations that he is upset over his transfer from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry, Jaipal Reddy the new Science and Technology Minister said he was never happy when was given Petroleum Ministry similarly now also he is not.
“I was never happy when I was given Petroleum Ministry similarly now I am not,” Jaipal Reddy said to the reporters.
Addressing media after taking charge of the new ministry, Reddy said on Monday evening, "I needed some time to take charge. I had told the secretary that I will take charge at 5 pm. You are free to exercise you imagination."
Earlier today, speculations were high that since Reddy has been given Ministry of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, he was very upset.
Denying the charges Reddy said, “My priority would be to be a faithful party man. I trust my Prime Minister and share a very warm relation with him.
Reddy further said, "The Prime Minister took me into confidence about the change of my portfolio. That was enough for me.”
Reddy’s transfer to Science and Technology Ministry is seen as a demotion and reports have appeared that he was transferred for his run-in with Reliance Industries owned by Mukesh Ambani.
Reddy refused to comment on his exit, but supporters said his options are limited.
Reddy took over as the Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister last year, replacing Murli Deora.
The Petroleum Ministry, which was scene of the nation`s biggest corporate battle a few years ago, had almost gone into limbo after Reddy took over in January 2011.
From delaying approval to India`s largest foreign direct investment (FDI) to being a reluctant party to fuel reforms, the ministry is accused of being regressive and negative towards the industry during the past 22 months.
Reddy took on Reliance on multiple fronts over its DG gas fields in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin. Once India’s second-biggest producer of natural gas, the DG fields have been under-performing.
The Reliance-led consortium has said the problems are related to geological complexities, but Reddy had asked arbitrators to look at the matter.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery