CAG, government on same page: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath Wednesday said the government and the country`s official auditor were on the same page.
Kamal Nath was responding to reporters who asked him about the Comptroller and Auditor General`s (CAG) report on coal blocks allocations that suggested a presumptive loss of Rs.1.86 lakh crore ($37 billion).
"We are on the same page," he said.
The minister was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a CAG-sponsored seminar on `Performance Reporting for Urban Local Bodies in India`.
"I did say that between the audited entity and CAG, there has to be a continuous dialogue," he said, adding that the role of the official auditor was an important one in a democracy.
However, the minister refused to comment on the `zero loss` theories on the coal blocks allocation episode.
Kamal Nath noted that the CAG report on the subject is now before parliament and only the public accounts committee was competent to comment on its content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad