CAG, government on same page: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath Wednesday said the government and the country`s official auditor were on the same page.
Kamal Nath was responding to reporters who asked him about the Comptroller and Auditor General`s (CAG) report on coal blocks allocations that suggested a presumptive loss of Rs.1.86 lakh crore ($37 billion).
"We are on the same page," he said.
The minister was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a CAG-sponsored seminar on `Performance Reporting for Urban Local Bodies in India`.
"I did say that between the audited entity and CAG, there has to be a continuous dialogue," he said, adding that the role of the official auditor was an important one in a democracy.
However, the minister refused to comment on the `zero loss` theories on the coal blocks allocation episode.
Kamal Nath noted that the CAG report on the subject is now before parliament and only the public accounts committee was competent to comment on its content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur