CAG, government on same page: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath Wednesday said the government and the country`s official auditor were on the same page.
Kamal Nath was responding to reporters who asked him about the Comptroller and Auditor General`s (CAG) report on coal blocks allocations that suggested a presumptive loss of Rs.1.86 lakh crore ($37 billion).
"We are on the same page," he said.
The minister was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a CAG-sponsored seminar on `Performance Reporting for Urban Local Bodies in India`.
"I did say that between the audited entity and CAG, there has to be a continuous dialogue," he said, adding that the role of the official auditor was an important one in a democracy.
However, the minister refused to comment on the `zero loss` theories on the coal blocks allocation episode.
Kamal Nath noted that the CAG report on the subject is now before parliament and only the public accounts committee was competent to comment on its content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back