CAG, government on same page: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath Wednesday said the government and the country`s official auditor were on the same page.
Kamal Nath was responding to reporters who asked him about the Comptroller and Auditor General`s (CAG) report on coal blocks allocations that suggested a presumptive loss of Rs.1.86 lakh crore ($37 billion).
"We are on the same page," he said.
The minister was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a CAG-sponsored seminar on `Performance Reporting for Urban Local Bodies in India`.
"I did say that between the audited entity and CAG, there has to be a continuous dialogue," he said, adding that the role of the official auditor was an important one in a democracy.
However, the minister refused to comment on the `zero loss` theories on the coal blocks allocation episode.
Kamal Nath noted that the CAG report on the subject is now before parliament and only the public accounts committee was competent to comment on its content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail