CAG posts personal details on website
New Delhi: The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on Thursday posted Vinod Rai`s high school certificate showing his date of birth and the letter of his appointment as CAG on its official website.
This comes in the wake of media reports that the Personnel Department of the Union Government and the UPSC did not not personal details of Rai in their records.
As per the high school certificate issued by the Madhyamik Shiksha Board, Rai`s date of birth is May 23, 1948.
Accordingly, the officials said, Rai would retire on May 22, 2013 on completion of 65 years of age. As per the notification posted on the website, he was appointed as CAG on January 7, 2008.
Under the Constitution, the tenure of CAG is for a period of six years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
Quoting RTI query, media reports had said that service records of Rai were not traceable with the Personnel Ministry .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre