CAG posts personal details on website
New Delhi: The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on Thursday posted Vinod Rai`s high school certificate showing his date of birth and the letter of his appointment as CAG on its official website.
This comes in the wake of media reports that the Personnel Department of the Union Government and the UPSC did not not personal details of Rai in their records.
As per the high school certificate issued by the Madhyamik Shiksha Board, Rai`s date of birth is May 23, 1948.
Accordingly, the officials said, Rai would retire on May 22, 2013 on completion of 65 years of age. As per the notification posted on the website, he was appointed as CAG on January 7, 2008.
Under the Constitution, the tenure of CAG is for a period of six years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
Quoting RTI query, media reports had said that service records of Rai were not traceable with the Personnel Ministry .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers