CAG posts personal details on website
New Delhi: The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on Thursday posted Vinod Rai`s high school certificate showing his date of birth and the letter of his appointment as CAG on its official website.
This comes in the wake of media reports that the Personnel Department of the Union Government and the UPSC did not not personal details of Rai in their records.
As per the high school certificate issued by the Madhyamik Shiksha Board, Rai`s date of birth is May 23, 1948.
Accordingly, the officials said, Rai would retire on May 22, 2013 on completion of 65 years of age. As per the notification posted on the website, he was appointed as CAG on January 7, 2008.
Under the Constitution, the tenure of CAG is for a period of six years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
Quoting RTI query, media reports had said that service records of Rai were not traceable with the Personnel Ministry .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?