CAG posts personal details on website
New Delhi: The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on Thursday posted Vinod Rai`s high school certificate showing his date of birth and the letter of his appointment as CAG on its official website.
This comes in the wake of media reports that the Personnel Department of the Union Government and the UPSC did not not personal details of Rai in their records.
As per the high school certificate issued by the Madhyamik Shiksha Board, Rai`s date of birth is May 23, 1948.
Accordingly, the officials said, Rai would retire on May 22, 2013 on completion of 65 years of age. As per the notification posted on the website, he was appointed as CAG on January 7, 2008.
Under the Constitution, the tenure of CAG is for a period of six years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
Quoting RTI query, media reports had said that service records of Rai were not traceable with the Personnel Ministry .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?