CAG posts personal details on website
New Delhi: The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on Thursday posted Vinod Rai`s high school certificate showing his date of birth and the letter of his appointment as CAG on its official website.
This comes in the wake of media reports that the Personnel Department of the Union Government and the UPSC did not not personal details of Rai in their records.
As per the high school certificate issued by the Madhyamik Shiksha Board, Rai`s date of birth is May 23, 1948.
Accordingly, the officials said, Rai would retire on May 22, 2013 on completion of 65 years of age. As per the notification posted on the website, he was appointed as CAG on January 7, 2008.
Under the Constitution, the tenure of CAG is for a period of six years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
Quoting RTI query, media reports had said that service records of Rai were not traceable with the Personnel Ministry .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened