Call special session to discuss Lokpal: JD-U
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader and National Democratic Alliance (NDA) convenor Sharad Yadav Sunday demanded the government either extend the Winter Session of Parliament or call a special session to discuss the Lokpal bill.
"Either the session should be extended or a special session should be called to discuss the Lokpal bill," Yadav said while participating in a debate on the Lokpal bill at the site of Anna Hazare`s fast at Jantar Mantar.
The JD-U leader also stressed that the sense of house passed by Parliament should not be changed and all its proposals should be accommodated in the bill.
No one has the right to change even a comma or full stop of the resolution passed by Parliament, he said.
The sense of house passed by Parliament during the Monsoon Session of Parliament said "the house agrees `in principle` on following issues - (i) citizen charter, (ii) lower bureaucracy under Lokpal through an appropriate mechanism, and (iii) establishment of Lokayukta in the states".
Yadav also pitched for an independent CBI, but not making it clear if he favoured it`s inclusion under Lokpal.
"Whenever the CBI wants, it can catch hold of political leaders. If the CBI is independent not 27 but 27,000 people will be in jail for corruption," he said.
The leader also favoured inclusion of group C employees under Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends