`Can one become politician by wearing Gandhi cap`
Begusarai: Taking a dig at activist Arvind Kejriwal for targeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has asked if one can become a politician by just by wearing a Gandhi cap.
"Doesn`t Vadra already own wealth and property? What can you do if for example I give my house to you? Kejriwal and his aides are all useless people who are spreading such reports. Can one become a politician by just by wearing a Gandhi cap,” said Lalu.
On Kejriwal`s allegation that the realty major DLF had given an unsecured interest-free loan of Rs 65 crores to Vadra, Prasad asked as to what Kejriwal had to do if anybody gave its property for free to another.
Kejriwal had earlier on Friday levelled serious allegations against Vadra, and said his wealth increased from Rs 50 lakh to over Rs 300 crore within three years.
Addressing a press conference along with former law minister Shanti Bhushan and Supreme Court lawyer and IAC activist Prashant Bhushan, Kejriwal said Vadra received kickbacks from DLF.
Kejriwal claimed that they have evidence to show that Vadra received kickbacks from DLF.
"Robert Vadra`s income grew from Rs 50 lakhs to Rs 300 crore in three years, how did this happen? DLF gave Vadra Rs 65 crore unsecured loan. DLF gave Robert Vadra unsecured loans, what benefit did Vadra give to DLF to secure these loans," he said.
The DLF has clarified that the business dealings with Robert Vadra were completely transparent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'