Cash-for-vote scam: CBI raids premises of 9 MLAs
Ranchi: The CBI on Thursday raided the premises of 13 persons, including nine MLAs, in connection with alleged cash-for-vote scam during 2010 Rajya Sabha elections.
"Raids were conducted in 30 places in Jharkhand and outside the state," a senior CBI official said here.
The raids were carried out in the premises of five RJD MLAs, three Congress MLAs, one JMM MLA and four other private persons, he said.
The agency is investigating into a media expose, where six MLAs were allegedly caught on tape expressing their willingness to vote in favour of a particular candidate in the Rajya Sabha elections, in return of monetary gains.
An FIR was lodged against late Teklal Mahto and Simon Marandi (Jharkhand Mukti Morcha), Rajiv Ranjan, Yogendra Sao and Sawana Lakda (Congress) and Umashankar Yadav Akela (BJP) in the scam, the official said.
The state government, which had entrusted the state vigilance bureau to investigate the scam, had handed over the case to the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery