Cash-for-vote scam: CBI raids premises of 9 MLAs
Ranchi: The CBI on Thursday raided the premises of 13 persons, including nine MLAs, in connection with alleged cash-for-vote scam during 2010 Rajya Sabha elections.
"Raids were conducted in 30 places in Jharkhand and outside the state," a senior CBI official said here.
The raids were carried out in the premises of five RJD MLAs, three Congress MLAs, one JMM MLA and four other private persons, he said.
The agency is investigating into a media expose, where six MLAs were allegedly caught on tape expressing their willingness to vote in favour of a particular candidate in the Rajya Sabha elections, in return of monetary gains.
An FIR was lodged against late Teklal Mahto and Simon Marandi (Jharkhand Mukti Morcha), Rajiv Ranjan, Yogendra Sao and Sawana Lakda (Congress) and Umashankar Yadav Akela (BJP) in the scam, the official said.
The state government, which had entrusted the state vigilance bureau to investigate the scam, had handed over the case to the CBI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know