Cash-for-vote scam: CBI raids premises of 9 MLAs
Ranchi: The CBI on Thursday raided the premises of 13 persons, including nine MLAs, in connection with alleged cash-for-vote scam during 2010 Rajya Sabha elections.
"Raids were conducted in 30 places in Jharkhand and outside the state," a senior CBI official said here.
The raids were carried out in the premises of five RJD MLAs, three Congress MLAs, one JMM MLA and four other private persons, he said.
The agency is investigating into a media expose, where six MLAs were allegedly caught on tape expressing their willingness to vote in favour of a particular candidate in the Rajya Sabha elections, in return of monetary gains.
An FIR was lodged against late Teklal Mahto and Simon Marandi (Jharkhand Mukti Morcha), Rajiv Ranjan, Yogendra Sao and Sawana Lakda (Congress) and Umashankar Yadav Akela (BJP) in the scam, the official said.
The state government, which had entrusted the state vigilance bureau to investigate the scam, had handed over the case to the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon