Caught on camera: Juveniles murder youth in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: On a day when the Union Cabinet approved lowering of age of juveniles from 18 to 16 years for prosecution in criminal, a ghastly murder came to light in Delhi involving teenagers.
As per police, three juveniles along with two adults stabbed to death a 21-year-old youth in broad daylight on Tuesday in Madangir Central Market of southeast Delhi.
The police have arrested all the five attackers and a case of murder has been filed against them at the Ambedkar Nagar Police Station.
The police had yesterday said that all five accused were juveniles, but today they clarified that only three were juveniles and two were adults.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Pushpender Kumar said that they were now convinced that two of the suspects -- Shahrukh and Kartik -- were both aged 20 years.
Both will be produced in court today.
The horrific murder was caught on a CCTV camera installed in the busy marketplace.
The deceased has been identified as Sachin.
Narrating the turn of events, police said the murder took place around 3:30 pm when Sachin, along with his friend, was passing through the street on a bike when the five juveniles came from the opposite direction and pushed him off the bike.
While his friend managed to flee, the attackers stabbed Sachin indiscriminately. Passersby watched in horror and nobody came forward to save the victim out of fear. One of the attackers is seen brandishing his knife in the air in order to threaten locals in the CCTV footage.
As the attackers fled the scene leaving Sachin in a pool of blood, he was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
During investigation, all the five juvenile attackers were identified by the police with the help of CCTV footage and eyewitness account and were later apprehended.
"It has emerged that Sachin was in touch with some anti-social elements and used to regularly harass some of the juveniles involved in this case. One of the attackers, who is 15-year-old, told us during interrogation that Sachin had extorted money from him. Later, he too came in contact with some ruffian elements of the area and all of them decided to eliminate Sachin," said a senior police official.
Sachin used to assist his father at his shop in Madangir while the five juveniles also belong to the same area. Some of them are sanitation workers and labourers.
"All of them are school dropouts. They are being questioned and further investigations are on," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southeast) P Karunakaran.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption