CBI booked 129 senior bureaucrats in last three years
New Delhi: As many as 129 officers above the rank of joint secretary and above have been booked by CBI, which has registered 97 corruption cases against such officers during the last three years, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Of the 97 cases registered, 71 are regular cases and 26 preliminary enquiries, Minister of State for Personnel Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy said in reply to a question.
He said of the 129 officers booked, 15 are involved in more than one case.
Narayanasamy also said in 14 cases, sanction for prosecution sought by CBI against such officers are pending.
He said two officers are common in two cases each.
The minister said permission sought by CBI to start enquiry against 23 officers of the rank of Joint Secretary and above is also pending.
"As on July 31, 2012, out of the 71 regular cases, charge sheet have been filed in 30 cases against 31 officers of the rank of Joint Secretary and above," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog