CBI carries out searches at Dental Council members
New Delhi: CBI on Wednesday carried out searches at six private dental colleges and premises of at least three Dental Council of India members in an alleged bribery case related to grant of approval to colleges for running various courses.
CBI sources said the searches were conducted after the questioning of DCI member Dr Gunaseelan Rajan, who was arrested by the agency on January 18 from Chennai.
They said the searches were spread at various locations across Chennai, Namakkal, Jabalpur, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mangalore.
The sources said premises of three Dental Council of India members were also searched in the operation.
The agency had arrested two members of Dental Council of India--Dr Gunaseelan Rajan and Dr S Murukesan--for allegedly receiving bribe for arranging clearances from the council for allowing post-graduate courses at a private dental college.
The agency claimed to have recovered Rs 75 lakh cash from Rajan after his arrest.
CBI sources said during his questioning a big racket allegedly involving several dental surgeons came to light which resulted in today`s search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video