CBI carries out searches at Dental Council members
New Delhi: CBI on Wednesday carried out searches at six private dental colleges and premises of at least three Dental Council of India members in an alleged bribery case related to grant of approval to colleges for running various courses.
CBI sources said the searches were conducted after the questioning of DCI member Dr Gunaseelan Rajan, who was arrested by the agency on January 18 from Chennai.
They said the searches were spread at various locations across Chennai, Namakkal, Jabalpur, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mangalore.
The sources said premises of three Dental Council of India members were also searched in the operation.
The agency had arrested two members of Dental Council of India--Dr Gunaseelan Rajan and Dr S Murukesan--for allegedly receiving bribe for arranging clearances from the council for allowing post-graduate courses at a private dental college.
The agency claimed to have recovered Rs 75 lakh cash from Rajan after his arrest.
CBI sources said during his questioning a big racket allegedly involving several dental surgeons came to light which resulted in today`s search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'