CBI Director apologises to SC for sharing coal report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Submitting the second affidavit on coal blocks allocation report, the CBI on Monday issued an unconditional apology to the Supreme Court for sharing the report with the PMO officials, Union Law Minister Ashwini Kumar and Attorney General GE Vahanvati.
The CBI admitted that changes were made by Ashwini Kumar after CBI director Ranjit Kumar met him on March 06. Former ASG Harin Raval and Attorney General were also present in the meeting with the law minister, the affidavit said.
Shatrughan Singh, JS PMO, A K Bhalla, JS Coal Ministry met in the chamber of Joint Director CBI at the request of JS PMO, CBI further told the court. The affidavit also says that PMO official Shatrughan Sinha had suggested minor changes in the report. An official from the coal ministry was also present at the meeting.
However, the CBI said that the draft status report was shared with political executive and AG, not the status report. “Consequent changes in the report have neither altered its central theme nor shifted the focus of inquiries in any manner,” it said. “No names of suspects or accused were removed from the status report and no suspect or accused was let off,” the CBI further told the SC.
CBI director Ranjit Sinha also extended unconditional apology o the apex court for sharing the coal report. “I extend my unconditional apology for inadvertent omissions and commissions on my part.” He assured the court of independent probe in the coal scam.
However, the CBI said that the draft status report was shared with political executive and AG, not the status report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey