CBI files closure in DA case against ex-DCI chairman
New Delhi: Less than ten months after registering a case of disproportionate assets (DA) against Dental Council of India former chairman Anil Kohli, the CBI has closed it saying "allegations could not be substantiated" during probe.
Kohli was accused by the CBI in September last year of allegedly amassing huge wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
CBI, which had registered a regular case against him after conducting a preliminary probe, said Kohli could account for all his assets and those explanations were found to be satisfactory prompting it to file a closure report.
They said no criminality was found on the part of Kohli in the acquisition of his assets.
After registering the case against Kohli, the CBI had carried out searches at six places, the spokesperson said.
The agency was probing Dr Kohli`s role as DCI chairman between 2006-2010 following allegations that he received favours from dental colleges for verification and cancellation of certain institutes. He had resigned from the post of DCI in 2010.
During the searches, it was found that Kohli had allegedly made huge investments in properties which include a palatial house at Gulmohar Park, four shops at Lajpat Nagar and a farmhouse at Chawla (near Najafgarh) in New Delhi, the CBI had said in a statement.
CBI claimed to have recovered Rs one crore in cash during the searches at his places, besides documents showing that he had purchased a house worth Rs 82 lakh in Lajpat Nagar.
Kohli is a highly decorated professional being awarded the Padma Shree in 1992, Padma Bhushan in 2005 and Dr BC Roy National Award in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to meet industry chambers, CAs on black money window
- Lionel Messi retires: List of other Argentine footballers who have followed their captain into retirement
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29