CBI files closure in DA case against ex-DCI chairman
New Delhi: Less than ten months after registering a case of disproportionate assets (DA) against Dental Council of India former chairman Anil Kohli, the CBI has closed it saying "allegations could not be substantiated" during probe.
Kohli was accused by the CBI in September last year of allegedly amassing huge wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
CBI, which had registered a regular case against him after conducting a preliminary probe, said Kohli could account for all his assets and those explanations were found to be satisfactory prompting it to file a closure report.
They said no criminality was found on the part of Kohli in the acquisition of his assets.
After registering the case against Kohli, the CBI had carried out searches at six places, the spokesperson said.
The agency was probing Dr Kohli`s role as DCI chairman between 2006-2010 following allegations that he received favours from dental colleges for verification and cancellation of certain institutes. He had resigned from the post of DCI in 2010.
During the searches, it was found that Kohli had allegedly made huge investments in properties which include a palatial house at Gulmohar Park, four shops at Lajpat Nagar and a farmhouse at Chawla (near Najafgarh) in New Delhi, the CBI had said in a statement.
CBI claimed to have recovered Rs one crore in cash during the searches at his places, besides documents showing that he had purchased a house worth Rs 82 lakh in Lajpat Nagar.
Kohli is a highly decorated professional being awarded the Padma Shree in 1992, Padma Bhushan in 2005 and Dr BC Roy National Award in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement