China to trigger electricity crisis in India?
New Delhi: China could carry out a cyber attack against India with the help of computer hardware and spare parts, according to a report by intelligence agencies. The agencies further believe that China would become an expert in such stealth attacks by 2017.
According to the intelligence agencies, an extractor tool used in the production of electricity is imported from China and two such companies involved in the import of the equipment are already under the scanner.
The agencies believe that China could use its equipment to create hurdles in India’s development march in the near future. An electricity crisis could be the result of such a design and has the capability to slow down Indian economy.
Post publication of the report, questions are being asked as to whether the recent power blackouts suffered by half of India was a result of such Chinese attempts. The Northern Grid failure on July 30 disrupted power-related services and northern states including Delhi, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar were plunged in darkness.
After the recent blackouts, the agencies have become alert and are investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President
- Human sex hormone has its evolutionary evidence in Starfish!
- National Ranking to have separate parameters for IISERs: Smriti Irani