China to trigger electricity crisis in India?
New Delhi: China could carry out a cyber attack against India with the help of computer hardware and spare parts, according to a report by intelligence agencies. The agencies further believe that China would become an expert in such stealth attacks by 2017.
According to the intelligence agencies, an extractor tool used in the production of electricity is imported from China and two such companies involved in the import of the equipment are already under the scanner.
The agencies believe that China could use its equipment to create hurdles in India’s development march in the near future. An electricity crisis could be the result of such a design and has the capability to slow down Indian economy.
Post publication of the report, questions are being asked as to whether the recent power blackouts suffered by half of India was a result of such Chinese attempts. The Northern Grid failure on July 30 disrupted power-related services and northern states including Delhi, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar were plunged in darkness.
After the recent blackouts, the agencies have become alert and are investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt