China transgressed border over 500 times in 2 yrs
New Delhi: The Chinese Army has transgressed the Sino-India border more than 500 times in the last two years, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said there were 228 cases of transgression of Indo-China border by the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in 2010, 213 cases in 2011 and 64 cases till April 2012.
"There are cases of transgression due to the perception of Line of Actual Control," he said.
The minister, however, said no intrusion has been reported or taken place on Indo-China border during the last two years and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has been deployed along the Indo-China border as border guarding force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?