Chinese Army transgressed border over 500 times
New Delhi: The Chinese Army has transgressed the Sino-India border more than 500 times in the last two years, Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said there were 228 cases of transgression of Indo-China border by the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in 2010, 213 cases in 2011 and 64 cases till April 2012.
"There are cases of transgression due to the perception of Line of Actual Control," he said.
The Minister, however, said no intrusion has been reported or taken place on Indo-China border during the last two years and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has been deployed along the Indo-China border as border guarding force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!