Chinese Army transgressed border over 500 times
New Delhi: The Chinese Army has transgressed the Sino-India border more than 500 times in the last two years, Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said there were 228 cases of transgression of Indo-China border by the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in 2010, 213 cases in 2011 and 64 cases till April 2012.
"There are cases of transgression due to the perception of Line of Actual Control," he said.
The Minister, however, said no intrusion has been reported or taken place on Indo-China border during the last two years and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has been deployed along the Indo-China border as border guarding force.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why