Chinese FM to visit India to hold talks
New Delhi: Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jeichi will embark on a two-day visit to India from tomorrow during which he will hold talks with the Indian leadership over a host of bilateral and international issues.
Significantly, the visit comes in the backdrop of recent acrimony over Defence Minister A K Antony`s visit to Arunachal Pradesh to attend statehood celebrations.
Asked if the issue will figure in his talks in India, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hong Lei said his earlier comments that nothing should be done to "complicate" the border issue remain valid.
"... I want to point out that on the China, India boundary question including the disputed eastern section of the boundary, China`s position has been consistent and clear.
"We hope to seek reasonable and acceptable plan through dialogue and negotiations pending final settlement. The two sides should make joint efforts to ensure peace and stability of border area instead of taking actions that complicate the issue," he said.
During his visit to New Delhi, Yang is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and hold talks with his Indian counterpart S M Krishna.
Announcing his visit, MEA in New Delhi said Yang "is visiting India as part of the mutually agreed mechanism of annual exchange of visits at the level of Foreign Ministers. Both Ministers will also hold discussions on the forthcoming BRICS Summit to be held in New Delhi on 28-29 March".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray