Chinese FM to visit India to hold talks
New Delhi: Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jeichi will embark on a two-day visit to India from tomorrow during which he will hold talks with the Indian leadership over a host of bilateral and international issues.
Significantly, the visit comes in the backdrop of recent acrimony over Defence Minister A K Antony`s visit to Arunachal Pradesh to attend statehood celebrations.
Asked if the issue will figure in his talks in India, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hong Lei said his earlier comments that nothing should be done to "complicate" the border issue remain valid.
"... I want to point out that on the China, India boundary question including the disputed eastern section of the boundary, China`s position has been consistent and clear.
"We hope to seek reasonable and acceptable plan through dialogue and negotiations pending final settlement. The two sides should make joint efforts to ensure peace and stability of border area instead of taking actions that complicate the issue," he said.
During his visit to New Delhi, Yang is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and hold talks with his Indian counterpart S M Krishna.
Announcing his visit, MEA in New Delhi said Yang "is visiting India as part of the mutually agreed mechanism of annual exchange of visits at the level of Foreign Ministers. Both Ministers will also hold discussions on the forthcoming BRICS Summit to be held in New Delhi on 28-29 March".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich