Chiranjeevi assures justice to Swiss gang-rape victim
New Delhi: Expressing anguish over the gang-rape of Swiss national in Madhya Pradesh, Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi on Sunday spoke to the country`s Ambassador and assured him of all possible steps to do justice to the victim.
He also spoke to the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and the DGP to inquire about the incident and urged them to take all necessary steps to nab all the culprits involved in the heinous crime.
"The minister also called up the Swiss Ambassador to India Linus Von Castelmur and assured him that all possible steps would be taken to do justice to the victim," according to a release.
He also instructed the officials to provide accommodation in public sector star hotels to the Swiss couple till their stay in India, it said.
Chiranjeevi condemned the heinous crime on the foreign tourist, who came to India along with her husband on a cycling trip.
"As soon as the incident came to light, the Minister made a phone call to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to inquire about the incident. The state Chief Minister apprised Chiranjeevi about steps taken by the government to book the culprits," it said.
Chiranjeevi also spoke to the state police chief and appreciated the headway made by the MP police in the gang rape case by arresting 5 persons so far.
The Tourism Minister felt the need for a more concerted effort by involving all state governments, so that tourists are advised to inform their nearest police station whenever they venture out into remote areas, the release said.
The minister said he would request Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to convene a meeting in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP