Chiranjeevi assures justice to Swiss gang-rape victim
New Delhi: Expressing anguish over the gang-rape of Swiss national in Madhya Pradesh, Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi on Sunday spoke to the country`s Ambassador and assured him of all possible steps to do justice to the victim.
He also spoke to the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and the DGP to inquire about the incident and urged them to take all necessary steps to nab all the culprits involved in the heinous crime.
"The minister also called up the Swiss Ambassador to India Linus Von Castelmur and assured him that all possible steps would be taken to do justice to the victim," according to a release.
He also instructed the officials to provide accommodation in public sector star hotels to the Swiss couple till their stay in India, it said.
Chiranjeevi condemned the heinous crime on the foreign tourist, who came to India along with her husband on a cycling trip.
"As soon as the incident came to light, the Minister made a phone call to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to inquire about the incident. The state Chief Minister apprised Chiranjeevi about steps taken by the government to book the culprits," it said.
Chiranjeevi also spoke to the state police chief and appreciated the headway made by the MP police in the gang rape case by arresting 5 persons so far.
The Tourism Minister felt the need for a more concerted effort by involving all state governments, so that tourists are advised to inform their nearest police station whenever they venture out into remote areas, the release said.
The minister said he would request Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to convene a meeting in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation