CISF to create new unit for VIP security
New Delhi: In view of growing demand of security personnel for VIP security duties, paramilitary CISF has decided to create a new unit to cater to `Z-plus` category of protectees.
The unit will be created within the Special Security Group (SSG) which protects the 37 VIPs/VVIPs entrusted to the force.
Under Z-plus category, the VIP concerned is covered by at least 20 personnel at any given point of time besides guards at home.
"We are creating an exclusive pool of commandos who will cater to Z-plus protectees. In the first batch 1,000 commandos will be given rigorous training," a senior CISF officer said.
These commandos will have modern weapons and their drills and protocols will be on the lines of what is carried out by the SPG, which secures the Prime Minister, the officer said.
The latest entrant to the `Z-plus` category of security under CISF is Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma.
Brajesh Pathak, a BSP politician and Rajya Sabha MP, also enjoys Z-plus security cover of CISF which was withdrawn during the previous pruning exercise.
Other `Z plus` category protectees under CISF security cover are Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, Punjab Revenue Minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia, UP politician Amar Singh (Z category in Delhi) and Chairman of the Anti Terrorist Front M S Bitta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway