CISF to create new unit for VIP security
New Delhi: In view of growing demand of security personnel for VIP security duties, paramilitary CISF has decided to create a new unit to cater to `Z-plus` category of protectees.
The unit will be created within the Special Security Group (SSG) which protects the 37 VIPs/VVIPs entrusted to the force.
Under Z-plus category, the VIP concerned is covered by at least 20 personnel at any given point of time besides guards at home.
"We are creating an exclusive pool of commandos who will cater to Z-plus protectees. In the first batch 1,000 commandos will be given rigorous training," a senior CISF officer said.
These commandos will have modern weapons and their drills and protocols will be on the lines of what is carried out by the SPG, which secures the Prime Minister, the officer said.
The latest entrant to the `Z-plus` category of security under CISF is Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma.
Brajesh Pathak, a BSP politician and Rajya Sabha MP, also enjoys Z-plus security cover of CISF which was withdrawn during the previous pruning exercise.
Other `Z plus` category protectees under CISF security cover are Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, Punjab Revenue Minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia, UP politician Amar Singh (Z category in Delhi) and Chairman of the Anti Terrorist Front M S Bitta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?