CISF to create new unit for VIP security
New Delhi: In view of growing demand of security personnel for VIP security duties, paramilitary CISF has decided to create a new unit to cater to `Z-plus` category of protectees.
The unit will be created within the Special Security Group (SSG) which protects the 37 VIPs/VVIPs entrusted to the force.
Under Z-plus category, the VIP concerned is covered by at least 20 personnel at any given point of time besides guards at home.
"We are creating an exclusive pool of commandos who will cater to Z-plus protectees. In the first batch 1,000 commandos will be given rigorous training," a senior CISF officer said.
These commandos will have modern weapons and their drills and protocols will be on the lines of what is carried out by the SPG, which secures the Prime Minister, the officer said.
The latest entrant to the `Z-plus` category of security under CISF is Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma.
Brajesh Pathak, a BSP politician and Rajya Sabha MP, also enjoys Z-plus security cover of CISF which was withdrawn during the previous pruning exercise.
Other `Z plus` category protectees under CISF security cover are Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, Punjab Revenue Minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia, UP politician Amar Singh (Z category in Delhi) and Chairman of the Anti Terrorist Front M S Bitta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?