CISF to create new unit for VIP security
New Delhi: In view of growing demand of security personnel for VIP security duties, paramilitary CISF has decided to create a new unit to cater to `Z-plus` category of protectees.
The unit will be created within the Special Security Group (SSG) which protects the 37 VIPs/VVIPs entrusted to the force.
Under Z-plus category, the VIP concerned is covered by at least 20 personnel at any given point of time besides guards at home.
"We are creating an exclusive pool of commandos who will cater to Z-plus protectees. In the first batch 1,000 commandos will be given rigorous training," a senior CISF officer said.
These commandos will have modern weapons and their drills and protocols will be on the lines of what is carried out by the SPG, which secures the Prime Minister, the officer said.
The latest entrant to the `Z-plus` category of security under CISF is Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma.
Brajesh Pathak, a BSP politician and Rajya Sabha MP, also enjoys Z-plus security cover of CISF which was withdrawn during the previous pruning exercise.
Other `Z plus` category protectees under CISF security cover are Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, Punjab Revenue Minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia, UP politician Amar Singh (Z category in Delhi) and Chairman of the Anti Terrorist Front M S Bitta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional