CISF to create new unit for VIP security
New Delhi: In view of growing demand of security personnel for VIP security duties, paramilitary CISF has decided to create a new unit to cater to `Z-plus` category of protectees.
The unit will be created within the Special Security Group (SSG) which protects the 37 VIPs/VVIPs entrusted to the force.
Under Z-plus category, the VIP concerned is covered by at least 20 personnel at any given point of time besides guards at home.
"We are creating an exclusive pool of commandos who will cater to Z-plus protectees. In the first batch 1,000 commandos will be given rigorous training," a senior CISF officer said.
These commandos will have modern weapons and their drills and protocols will be on the lines of what is carried out by the SPG, which secures the Prime Minister, the officer said.
The latest entrant to the `Z-plus` category of security under CISF is Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma.
Brajesh Pathak, a BSP politician and Rajya Sabha MP, also enjoys Z-plus security cover of CISF which was withdrawn during the previous pruning exercise.
Other `Z plus` category protectees under CISF security cover are Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, Punjab Revenue Minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia, UP politician Amar Singh (Z category in Delhi) and Chairman of the Anti Terrorist Front M S Bitta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days