Clear link between RSS and terror: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI (M) Thursday launched a sharp
attack on the RSS over the arrest of an activist in connection with the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast, alleging "yet another" link between the organisation and terror has been established
despite denials by the Sangh.
"Yet another link to the terror web cast by the RSS and
its affiliates has been established with the arrest of one
Kamal Chauhan by the National Investigation Agency for his
alleged involvement in the terrorist bomb blast on the
Samjhauta Express," senior CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury
Maintaining that Chauhan was a "longstanding RSS activist
from Madhya Pradesh", he said "crucial leads indicating the
involvement of RSS and its affiliates" in the Samjhauta
bombing came after investigations established that these
outfits were linked with terror strikes at Malegaon (September
8, 2008), Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad (May 18, 2007) and the
Ajmer Sharif Dargah (October 11, 2007).
"These have established the RSS links in creating this web of Hindutva terror," Yechury said in an editorial in the forthcoming issue of CPI(M) organ `People`s Democracy`.
Observing that terrorism has no religion, he said the
CPI(M) had in 2008 drawn government`s attention at a meeting
of the National Integration Council on "the involvement of
Bajrang Dal or other RSS tentacles in various bomb blasts
across the country".
He said "disillusionment" had set in amongst sections of
the RSS after the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government`s
"alleged dilution of the core Hindutva agenda" by putting on
the back-burner issues like Ayodhya to appease NDA allies for
the government`s survival.
Yechury also alleged that "the apparent refusal to replicate nationwide the 2002 communal genocide in Gujarat
(was also) believed to be the reason for the rise of militant
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor