Coal scam: CBI directly controlled by Congress, alleges Bhushan
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi party leader Prashant Bhushan on Saturday lashed out at the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) over the vetted coal scam report, saying that it is directly controlled by the ruling Congress-led United Progressive Alliance Government.
He further said, "All the CBI officials and the high ranking Government officials are directly controlled by the ruling Congress party, in terms of their promotions and transfers."
An agitated Prashant Bhushan also stated that the Attorney General had lied when he said that even he had not seen the status report in the coal scam, as the Union Government was not sharing it with him.
He said, "It now transpires that it was shared with the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO), the Union Law Minister and it was diluted and modified. My information says that the attorney general was present at this meeting in the Law Minister`s office."
"Within ten days of that hearing, they have transferred out the officer-in-charge, Mr Ravi Kant who was the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) who had filed his affidavit in the Supreme Court. He has now been transferred to the Investigation Bureau. Now, how can one expect fair probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation," he said.
Bhushan said, "Now the ruling Congress doesn`t want to let go of the CBI and hence Lokpal was not allowed to take off."
Speaking about the Congress`` over the CBI, he said: "They use the CBI to threaten leaders like Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati. Hence, I believe the time has come for the country to sit up, take note and unify to say this will not take place anymore."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31