Coal scam: CBI files two new cases
New Delhi: The CBI on Saturday registered two fresh cases against two private companies in its ongoing probe into the coal block allocation scam and carried out searches at seven locations across the country.
The probe agency has charged Grace Industries and Vikash Metals and Powers Limited for alleged misrepresentation of their net worth and joint venture to illegally get coal blocks, CBI sources said.
The sources said raids are being carried out at seven locations in Kolkata, Nagpur, Purulia and few other places.
The managing directors of these companies and unknown government officials have been charged with cheating, criminal conspiracy and under sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, they said.
Earlier, the CBI had registered five cases this month in this connection.
The cases were registered against AMR Iron & Steel Private Ltd, JLD Yavatmal Energy Ltd, Navbharat Power Private Limited, Vini Iron & Steel Udyog Ltd and JAS Infrastructure Capital Private Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!