Coal scam fallout: Haren Raval resigns as Additional Solicitor General
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Haren Raval, who sparked a controversy by telling the Supreme Court that CBI status report on Coalgate was not shared with the government, on Tuesday resigned from his post, the first head to roll on the issue.
Raval handed over his resignation to Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar. "I have submitted my resignation to the Law Minister," he told PTI.
His resignation came a day after his hardhitting letter to Attorney General GE Vahanvati in which he said he has been made scapegoat in the matter and also accused the top law officer of trying to interfere in CBI`s probe report in the coal blocks allcoation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot