Coal scam fallout: Haren Raval resigns as Additional Solicitor General
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Haren Raval, who sparked a controversy by telling the Supreme Court that CBI status report on Coalgate was not shared with the government, on Tuesday resigned from his post, the first head to roll on the issue.
Raval handed over his resignation to Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar. "I have submitted my resignation to the Law Minister," he told PTI.
His resignation came a day after his hardhitting letter to Attorney General GE Vahanvati in which he said he has been made scapegoat in the matter and also accused the top law officer of trying to interfere in CBI`s probe report in the coal blocks allcoation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!