Coal scam fallout: Haren Raval resigns as Additional Solicitor General
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Haren Raval, who sparked a controversy by telling the Supreme Court that CBI status report on Coalgate was not shared with the government, on Tuesday resigned from his post, the first head to roll on the issue.
Raval handed over his resignation to Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar. "I have submitted my resignation to the Law Minister," he told PTI.
His resignation came a day after his hardhitting letter to Attorney General GE Vahanvati in which he said he has been made scapegoat in the matter and also accused the top law officer of trying to interfere in CBI`s probe report in the coal blocks allcoation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today