Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave abated in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday with the minimum temperatures rising by upto three notches above normal in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Amritsar settled at a low of eight degrees Celsius, which was three notches above normal.
While Narnaul had a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, the minimum at Ludhiana was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal followed by 9.7 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, three notches above normal, 10 degrees Celsius at Patiala, also three notches above normal and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Ambala, three notches above normal.
The Met forecast rise in minimum temperatures in the region with possibility of thunderstorms at some places during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'