Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave abated in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday with the minimum temperatures rising by upto three notches above normal in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Amritsar settled at a low of eight degrees Celsius, which was three notches above normal.
While Narnaul had a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, the minimum at Ludhiana was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal followed by 9.7 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, three notches above normal, 10 degrees Celsius at Patiala, also three notches above normal and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Ambala, three notches above normal.
The Met forecast rise in minimum temperatures in the region with possibility of thunderstorms at some places during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city