Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave abated in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday with the minimum temperatures rising by upto three notches above normal in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Amritsar settled at a low of eight degrees Celsius, which was three notches above normal.
While Narnaul had a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, the minimum at Ludhiana was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal followed by 9.7 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, three notches above normal, 10 degrees Celsius at Patiala, also three notches above normal and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Ambala, three notches above normal.
The Met forecast rise in minimum temperatures in the region with possibility of thunderstorms at some places during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi