Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave abated in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday with the minimum temperatures rising by upto three notches above normal in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Amritsar settled at a low of eight degrees Celsius, which was three notches above normal.
While Narnaul had a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, the minimum at Ludhiana was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal followed by 9.7 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, three notches above normal, 10 degrees Celsius at Patiala, also three notches above normal and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Ambala, three notches above normal.
The Met forecast rise in minimum temperatures in the region with possibility of thunderstorms at some places during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you