Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave abated in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday with the minimum temperatures rising by upto three notches above normal in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Amritsar settled at a low of eight degrees Celsius, which was three notches above normal.
While Narnaul had a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, the minimum at Ludhiana was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Hisar had a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal followed by 9.7 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, three notches above normal, 10 degrees Celsius at Patiala, also three notches above normal and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Ambala, three notches above normal.
The Met forecast rise in minimum temperatures in the region with possibility of thunderstorms at some places during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Concerned by amended child labour bill in India: UN
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq set for second stint as England spin guru
- Rio 2016: Note perfect Andy Murray ready for more Olympic glory
- Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand clear case of intelligence failure: Defence Expert
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside