Cold wave sweeps North India, 7 deaths in UP
New Delhi: Dense fog and cold weather conditions continue to affect normal life in major parts of northern India, with seven more deaths reported in the past 24 hours from Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday.
Cold wave along with a blanket of fog persisted in Punjab and Haryana, which saw a dip in temperature.
In the NCR, the minimum temperature was 7 degrees Celsius though there was no fog in Delhi.
Cold weather conditions affected the movement of trains and at least 150 trains across north India were reported to be running late.
Besides, 22 trains have also been cancelled.
Cold wave continued to sweep across Jharkhand with minimum temperature in Kanke and Ranchi dipping to 2.2 degree Celsius, a degree above that the season`s lowest temperature recorded on Tuesday.
A thick blanket of fog enveloped most parts of Punjab, Haryana and the Union territory of Chandigarh on Tuesday disrupting normal life and hitting air, rail and road traffic.
MeT department officials said that the fog was responsible for reduced visibility in the region and resultantly, several trains and flights were either cancelled or delayed by hours.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand