College magazine puts PM Modi in list of most cruel people, case filed
Thrissur: The Kerala police have registered a case against the editorial team of a college magazine which placed Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a list of the world`s most cruel people, a police official said Tuesday.
A case was registered against those responsible for editing the magazine at the Government Polytechnic Kunnamkulam for placing Modi`s picture among the world`s most cruel people list in the magazine, a police official from the Kunnamkulam police station told IANS here.
"The case was registered suo-motu by police and the charges are bailable. Our investigations are going on," said the police official who did not wish to be identified.
Modi`s picture was placed among people like former Al Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden, terrorist Ajmal Kasab, captured during the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks and former German dictator Adolf Hitler.
Principal in-charge Babu Raj said they are probing how this happened.
"A staff meeting is being called to find out what happened on this issue," Babu Raj told IANS.
The magazine was distributed when the new academic year started last week and Modi`s picture was noticed.
Former principal Krishnan Kutty, who retired from service last month said he and those responsible for overseeing the magazine are baffled about how this happened.
"When we checked the manuscript before it went for printing, this picture was not there. Police are looking into how this lapse occurred," said Kutty.
State Bharatiya Janata Party president V. Muraleedharan said it is the responsibility of the state government to take appropriate action against the wrong doers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan