Complaint against Sushilkumar Shinde is ‘motivated’: Delhi Police
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Wednesday opposed in a Delhi court a complaint seeking lodging of FIR against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his remarks on "Hindu terror" saying it was "motivated" and bears" misrepresentation of facts".
In an Action Taken Report (ATR) filed before Metropolitan Magistrate Viplav Dabas, the police said evidence supplied by complainant Vivek Garg, an RTI activist, does not "disclose any offence worth (taking) cognizance by the police".
"In view of the above noted facts, it seems that the present (Garg`s) complaint/petition is motivated and bears misrepresentation of facts. It disclose no cognizable offence ...," the police said in its two-page ATR filed in the court which posted the matter for further arguments on February 11.
Garg had filed a complaint seeking registration of FIR against Shinde for "making imputations prejudicial to national integration, uttering words with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings of Hindus, defaming them, and insulting their religion and beliefs."
Garg had also sought registration of FIR against Shinde for "promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion and wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause religious riots."
In its ATR, the police said on January 28 this year, Garg had filed a similar complaint at Maurice Nagar police station and since its contents were "vague" and "not specific", it was analysed and legal opinion was taken from the chief public prosecutor.
"From the transcription of the speech, it is nowhere reflected that the Home Minister intended to incite any class of community or person to commit any offence against any other class or community.
"Further, the uttering of the words with the deliberate intention of wounding the religious feelings of other persons is an offence, but the same is lacking in the speech," the ATR said.
It further said that "when the speaker with deliberate or malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of citizen of India insults or attempts to insult the religion or religious beliefs of that class is an essential ingredient which is also not there in the given set of facts."
Garg had earlier referred to LeT founder Hafiz Saeed`s comments on Shinde`s statements and had told the court that his remarks have "given a boost to international terrorists".
Accusing him of playing vote bank politics, Garg had said that Shinde, being the Home Minister, is under a duty to maintain peace, law and order in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt