Cong misusing Parliamentary institutions, other agencies: BJP
Hyderabad: Charging the Congress with misusing Parliamentary institutions and other agencies for narrow political ends, BJP today said it has decided not to cooperate with the party-led UPA government.
"This JPC is being misused by the Congress to white-wash the entire telecom scam. The (JPC) Chairman is acting partisan. Why he has refused to summon Prime Minister, Finance Minister... Refused to hear (former Telecom Minister A) Raja, particularly when he wrote a letter, expressing a desire to come and depose before the committee Congress alone should explain," senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters.
"Now, 15 members of the JPC have expressed lack of confidence in the present Chairman. Then, how can the committee function? He has no right to continue as Chairman. It all shows the way the Congress is trying to devalue the Parliamentary institutions," he said.
Referring to Congress demand that the BJP members be removed from the JPC, he said the ruling party can get the entire Opposition removed from Parliament as they did during the Emergency.
Congress has tried to defame former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the 2G issue though his government has been hailed by one and all, the former BJP President alleged.
Congress has misused agencies like CBI, IB and Enforcement Directorate for "harassing political opponents, controlling allies and winning over neutrals", Naidu charged.
Maintaining that the UPA`s allies have started leaving the ruling coalition one after another, he claimed that it was reduced to minority and lost moral right to continue in power.
He said BJP demands that the Prime Minister resign and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar, who allegedly tried to "vet" the CBI report on coal allocation scam, be sacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured