Congress Core Group to take a final call on Lokpal
New Delhi: With the civil society led by Anna Hazare and the Opposition parties rejecting the Lokpal Bill drafted by the government, the Congress party’s Core Group will meet Tuesday evening to take a final call on the issue.
As per reports, the government is likely to move an official amendment for the much-talked about Lokpal Bill.
Congress sources claim that the Centre is thinking to give option to state governments to fix the date for making the Lokayukta law effective and decision in this regard will be taken by the Congress Core Group.
With the government’s draft facing intense criticism, the centre is now thinking of a middleman approach on the issue. Consequently, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee met parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Salman Khurshid and Kapil Sibal to decide government’s further course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Money laundering: Chhagan, Sameer Bhujbal's judicial custody extended till June 7
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro