Congress Core Group to take a final call on Lokpal
New Delhi: With the civil society led by Anna Hazare and the Opposition parties rejecting the Lokpal Bill drafted by the government, the Congress party’s Core Group will meet Tuesday evening to take a final call on the issue.
As per reports, the government is likely to move an official amendment for the much-talked about Lokpal Bill.
Congress sources claim that the Centre is thinking to give option to state governments to fix the date for making the Lokayukta law effective and decision in this regard will be taken by the Congress Core Group.
With the government’s draft facing intense criticism, the centre is now thinking of a middleman approach on the issue. Consequently, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee met parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Salman Khurshid and Kapil Sibal to decide government’s further course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed