Congress Core Group to take a final call on Lokpal
New Delhi: With the civil society led by Anna Hazare and the Opposition parties rejecting the Lokpal Bill drafted by the government, the Congress party’s Core Group will meet Tuesday evening to take a final call on the issue.
As per reports, the government is likely to move an official amendment for the much-talked about Lokpal Bill.
Congress sources claim that the Centre is thinking to give option to state governments to fix the date for making the Lokayukta law effective and decision in this regard will be taken by the Congress Core Group.
With the government’s draft facing intense criticism, the centre is now thinking of a middleman approach on the issue. Consequently, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee met parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Salman Khurshid and Kapil Sibal to decide government’s further course of action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India