Congress Core Group to take a final call on Lokpal
New Delhi: With the civil society led by Anna Hazare and the Opposition parties rejecting the Lokpal Bill drafted by the government, the Congress party’s Core Group will meet Tuesday evening to take a final call on the issue.
As per reports, the government is likely to move an official amendment for the much-talked about Lokpal Bill.
Congress sources claim that the Centre is thinking to give option to state governments to fix the date for making the Lokayukta law effective and decision in this regard will be taken by the Congress Core Group.
With the government’s draft facing intense criticism, the centre is now thinking of a middleman approach on the issue. Consequently, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee met parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Salman Khurshid and Kapil Sibal to decide government’s further course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Chinese Asst Minister terms border dispute and 'some other issues' as major challenges for Sino-Indian bilateral ties
- Arun Jaitley to meet PM Modi after Subramanian Swamy's tirade against FinMin bureaucrats
- Congress in-charge of Punjab meets Sonia
- Raghuram Rajan is no less patriotic, he loves India, says PM Narendra Modi
- Gold price gets a leg-up from global leads, jewellers' buying