Congress Core Group to take a final call on Lokpal
New Delhi: With the civil society led by Anna Hazare and the Opposition parties rejecting the Lokpal Bill drafted by the government, the Congress party’s Core Group will meet Tuesday evening to take a final call on the issue.
As per reports, the government is likely to move an official amendment for the much-talked about Lokpal Bill.
Congress sources claim that the Centre is thinking to give option to state governments to fix the date for making the Lokayukta law effective and decision in this regard will be taken by the Congress Core Group.
With the government’s draft facing intense criticism, the centre is now thinking of a middleman approach on the issue. Consequently, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee met parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Salman Khurshid and Kapil Sibal to decide government’s further course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!