Congress defends petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday tried to distance itself on the issue of petrol price hike on Thursday saying that the decision to hike was taken solely by oil companies.
Addressing a press conference here, Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari said that the rise in international crude oil prices has led to increase in petrol prices in the country.
“Government is trying to find ways to address the issue of fuel hike,” Tiwari said.
Meanwhile, the government is all set to face a united Opposition onslaught on petrol price hike as efforts are on to forge a larger political consensus for ‘Bharat Bandh’ on the issue on May 31.
While the NDA has given a Bharat Bandh call for the day, the Left parties have decided to observer an `All India Protest Day` on May 31 that will include strikes, picketing, demonstrations, rasta roko and rallies against the hike.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know