Congress downplays standoff with NCP
New Delhi: Congress on Friday downplayed the standoff with its ally NCP maintaining that its chief Sharad Pawar is a senior and respectable leader of UPA, and all the issues with the party will be solved through talks.
"In our eyes Sharad Pawar is a senior and respectable leader. He is looked upon with reverence in UPA as such," Congress general secretary and head of the media cell, Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
Asked to comment on the reports over NCP expressing unhappiness over issues of protocol within UPA after Pawar was denied the number two slot in the government, Dwivedi said in a coalition government, allies can look at issues differently.
"In alliance government, different allies can look at an issue differently. If any such things happen in government a solution emerges through talks," he said.
On whether the NCP chief was mulling the option of pulling out of the government, Dwivedi said, "There is no such serious problem. A solution will be found."
Pawar, a former Chief Minister and one of the senior members of the Cabinet, is believed to be hurt over the lack of consultations by Congress with allies and its reluctance to include the party in crucial Cabinet panels like Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval