Congress downplays standoff with NCP
New Delhi: Congress on Friday downplayed the standoff with its ally NCP maintaining that its chief Sharad Pawar is a senior and respectable leader of UPA, and all the issues with the party will be solved through talks.
"In our eyes Sharad Pawar is a senior and respectable leader. He is looked upon with reverence in UPA as such," Congress general secretary and head of the media cell, Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
Asked to comment on the reports over NCP expressing unhappiness over issues of protocol within UPA after Pawar was denied the number two slot in the government, Dwivedi said in a coalition government, allies can look at issues differently.
"In alliance government, different allies can look at an issue differently. If any such things happen in government a solution emerges through talks," he said.
On whether the NCP chief was mulling the option of pulling out of the government, Dwivedi said, "There is no such serious problem. A solution will be found."
Pawar, a former Chief Minister and one of the senior members of the Cabinet, is believed to be hurt over the lack of consultations by Congress with allies and its reluctance to include the party in crucial Cabinet panels like Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read