Congress following divisive agenda: BJP
Chandigarh: Accusing the Congress of
following a divisive agenda, the BJP Friday said that the party is facing a leadership crisis.
"At the national level in over seven years, the UPA
government has nothing much to offer...there is a leadership
crisis...decision making is not at its place...Congress is
following divisive agenda," Leader of opposition in Rajya
Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters here.
The allegations of corruption are unprecedented in the
UPA regime, he said, adding that the leadership in the
Congress had lost its credibility.
The Congress will pay a huge price for its divisive
agenda in the ensuing Assembly polls in the five states, he
"In Uttar Pardesh, the Congress is trying to implement
a divisive (quota within quota) agenda for which the society
will have to pay a lot," he said.
He said that the BJP was openly opposing the divisive
agenda of Congress, whereas the SP and BSP were not coming in
open against it.
"The policy of sub-quota by Congress is for its vested
interests," he said, adding that the BJP would not allow the
Congress to implement its divisive agenda.
On the issue of Batla house encounter in Delhi, he said
that it was an excellent performance of intelligence which
broke the backbone of Indian Mujhaedeen.
However, the Congress is double tounged on the issue like
many other issues, he said referring to the stand of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on the three-year old encounter.
"The strategy of the Congress is UPA Chairperson (Sonia
Gandhi) will keep quiet and party`s general secretary
(Digvijay Singh) will do questioning on important issues which
hurts the country," he said.
On the issue of visit by controversial writer Salman
Rushdie, he said that the BJP was not opposed to his entry in
He also lashed out at the functioning of the CBI and said
that it had lost its credibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday