Congress following divisive agenda: BJP
Chandigarh: Accusing the Congress of
following a divisive agenda, the BJP Friday said that the party is facing a leadership crisis.
"At the national level in over seven years, the UPA
government has nothing much to offer...there is a leadership
crisis...decision making is not at its place...Congress is
following divisive agenda," Leader of opposition in Rajya
Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters here.
The allegations of corruption are unprecedented in the
UPA regime, he said, adding that the leadership in the
Congress had lost its credibility.
The Congress will pay a huge price for its divisive
agenda in the ensuing Assembly polls in the five states, he
"In Uttar Pardesh, the Congress is trying to implement
a divisive (quota within quota) agenda for which the society
will have to pay a lot," he said.
He said that the BJP was openly opposing the divisive
agenda of Congress, whereas the SP and BSP were not coming in
open against it.
"The policy of sub-quota by Congress is for its vested
interests," he said, adding that the BJP would not allow the
Congress to implement its divisive agenda.
On the issue of Batla house encounter in Delhi, he said
that it was an excellent performance of intelligence which
broke the backbone of Indian Mujhaedeen.
However, the Congress is double tounged on the issue like
many other issues, he said referring to the stand of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on the three-year old encounter.
"The strategy of the Congress is UPA Chairperson (Sonia
Gandhi) will keep quiet and party`s general secretary
(Digvijay Singh) will do questioning on important issues which
hurts the country," he said.
On the issue of visit by controversial writer Salman
Rushdie, he said that the BJP was not opposed to his entry in
He also lashed out at the functioning of the CBI and said
that it had lost its credibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack