Congress hits out at PA Sangma
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday hit out at PA Sangma saying magnanimity should mark the conduct of those contesting elections as the BJP-backed candidate, who lost to UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee in the Presidential race, alleged that the non-UPA ruled states were lured with inducements during poll.
"Magnanimity should mark the conduct of people, who contest elections. Gritting after losing an election only endorses the proverb that grapes are sour (when you cannot reach them)," party spokespersson Manish Tewari told reporters when asked to comment on Sangma`s contentions.
After the results of the Presidential election came in and Mukherjee emerged victorious, Sangma alleged that the spirit of secrecy of ballot was "thrown to the wind" and that the UPA persuaded political parties commanding major sections of the Presidential electoral college by economic and other packages...As well as inducements, threats and promises.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi also rejected Sangma`s contentions saying "I think one should not talk with such a narrow vision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery