Congress hits out at PA Sangma
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday hit out at PA Sangma saying magnanimity should mark the conduct of those contesting elections as the BJP-backed candidate, who lost to UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee in the Presidential race, alleged that the non-UPA ruled states were lured with inducements during poll.
"Magnanimity should mark the conduct of people, who contest elections. Gritting after losing an election only endorses the proverb that grapes are sour (when you cannot reach them)," party spokespersson Manish Tewari told reporters when asked to comment on Sangma`s contentions.
After the results of the Presidential election came in and Mukherjee emerged victorious, Sangma alleged that the spirit of secrecy of ballot was "thrown to the wind" and that the UPA persuaded political parties commanding major sections of the Presidential electoral college by economic and other packages...As well as inducements, threats and promises.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi also rejected Sangma`s contentions saying "I think one should not talk with such a narrow vision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey