Congress hits out at PA Sangma
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday hit out at PA Sangma saying magnanimity should mark the conduct of those contesting elections as the BJP-backed candidate, who lost to UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee in the Presidential race, alleged that the non-UPA ruled states were lured with inducements during poll.
"Magnanimity should mark the conduct of people, who contest elections. Gritting after losing an election only endorses the proverb that grapes are sour (when you cannot reach them)," party spokespersson Manish Tewari told reporters when asked to comment on Sangma`s contentions.
After the results of the Presidential election came in and Mukherjee emerged victorious, Sangma alleged that the spirit of secrecy of ballot was "thrown to the wind" and that the UPA persuaded political parties commanding major sections of the Presidential electoral college by economic and other packages...As well as inducements, threats and promises.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi also rejected Sangma`s contentions saying "I think one should not talk with such a narrow vision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened