Congress kick-starts `Pol Khol Abhiyan`, says Kejriwal would win `Guinness World Record for lies`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a tit-for-tat measure, Delhi Congress on Sunday kick started an `expose-all` campaign against former chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, whom it accused of abandoning the national capital at the mercy of bureaucrats to further his own political ambitions.
“If Guinness World Book of Records had a category for lies, Arvind Kejriwal would win without any competition,” Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee President Arvinder Singh Lovely said while launching a `Pol Khol Abhiyan` against the ex-Delhi CM.
"Arvind Kejriwal has abandoned people at the mercy of Gods and bureaucrats. He is a runaway and we are launching a `Pol Khol Abhiyan` against him to expose the lies he had been telling in the name of common man`s welfare," Lovely added.
Lovely termed the Kejriwal-led 49-day AAP government as a "government of promises and no performances" and its sudden departure as an "act of betrayal" to the people.
Taking a dig at Arvind Kejriwal, Lovely further said, "Khokhle naare dena ek baat, acha shashan dena ek baat.”
Adding that people have no faith in AAP, Lovely said, “AAP has been exposed so people have lost faith in it.”
Thousands of Congress workers have assembled at Connaught Place`s Central Park today where a 20-foot effigy of "Kejriwal`s falsehood" has been burnt by the party workers.
The state unit also announced that as part of the campaign a committee will be constituted to "examine the anti-people, unconstitutional and unlawful decisions" allegedly taken by the Kejriwal government during its rather short-lived tenure.
Last month, the Kejriwal-led AAP government had launched a similar "pol khol" (expose) campaign against the BJP and Congress to expose their "conspiracy" against the Delhi government.
Meanwhile, Arvind Kejriwal today launched AAP`s national campaign for the General Elections at a rally in Rohtak in Haryana today.
At the rally, the ex-Delhi CM slammed both Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro