Congress kick-starts `Pol Khol Abhiyan`, says Kejriwal would win `Guinness World Record for lies`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a tit-for-tat measure, Delhi Congress on Sunday kick started an `expose-all` campaign against former chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, whom it accused of abandoning the national capital at the mercy of bureaucrats to further his own political ambitions.
“If Guinness World Book of Records had a category for lies, Arvind Kejriwal would win without any competition,” Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee President Arvinder Singh Lovely said while launching a `Pol Khol Abhiyan` against the ex-Delhi CM.
"Arvind Kejriwal has abandoned people at the mercy of Gods and bureaucrats. He is a runaway and we are launching a `Pol Khol Abhiyan` against him to expose the lies he had been telling in the name of common man`s welfare," Lovely added.
Lovely termed the Kejriwal-led 49-day AAP government as a "government of promises and no performances" and its sudden departure as an "act of betrayal" to the people.
Taking a dig at Arvind Kejriwal, Lovely further said, "Khokhle naare dena ek baat, acha shashan dena ek baat.”
Adding that people have no faith in AAP, Lovely said, “AAP has been exposed so people have lost faith in it.”
Thousands of Congress workers have assembled at Connaught Place`s Central Park today where a 20-foot effigy of "Kejriwal`s falsehood" has been burnt by the party workers.
The state unit also announced that as part of the campaign a committee will be constituted to "examine the anti-people, unconstitutional and unlawful decisions" allegedly taken by the Kejriwal government during its rather short-lived tenure.
Last month, the Kejriwal-led AAP government had launched a similar "pol khol" (expose) campaign against the BJP and Congress to expose their "conspiracy" against the Delhi government.
Meanwhile, Arvind Kejriwal today launched AAP`s national campaign for the General Elections at a rally in Rohtak in Haryana today.
At the rally, the ex-Delhi CM slammed both Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...